"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear."
-Joan Didion

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back

I wish I could go back.
Back to when things were easy.
When heartbreak was just a fear I didn't truly understand.
When my deepest anguish came from things unrequited, not things that ended.
When I'd never really known the loss of a friend or a piece of my heart.
When I was still innocent and free.
Back to when the future held all my possibilities and I'd given nothing up.
When I still held all the parts of my heart and I hadn't given them away.
When I was naive enough to think I'd felt real pain.

But those days are gone and there's no going back.
Now I can only learn from my mistakes and move on.
One day this will all seem a distant memory and I'll finally understand.
I'll see it all clearly and praise Him for His plan.
I won't feel the hurt, the confusion or pain.
I'll thank Him for bringing me to where I am, through the trials and the heartache.
Because I know His plan is perfect and He knows what's best.
The things I go through all have a bigger purpose.
And even if I can't see it now I know one day I will, and when that day comes all of this will fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment