"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear."
-Joan Didion

Sunday, June 12, 2011

One Day

I know there's something better
Something perfect waiting for me
If I can just hold out until I can finally see

Then all I've ever dreamed will be before my eyes
I can't wait for my day of understanding
The day it all becomes clear
When I finally see what's been waiting for me
The plan that was in place from the start

All the times my heart was breaking
All the tears I cried
All the confusion and pain
All the sadness, the hardships, the temptations

The days that never made sense
The days that pushed me to the edge
The days that left me begging for help
The days I fell to my knees

But one day the sky will be clear
My clouds will disappear
The storms will calm for a moment
And I'll see all that I hold most dear
In the center of everything, patient and strong
The One who's been there all along

My joy, my redeemer, my father, my friend
My shelter, my comfort, my saviour and then
I'll finally see all that He's done
His perfect plan, in place from the start
He has always been there, holding my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment